Sunday, 8 June 2008

Ladies Downhill Final

The crowd at Fort William were buzzing as the womens’ Downhill kicked
off with the scorching sun beating down on Aonach Mor. Brits Tracy
Moseley (gold) and Rachel Atherton (bronze) set pulses racing as they
flew to the finish line with Sabrina Jonnier (FRA) narrowly denying
Atherton silver.

Ecstatic at her victory an elated Tracy Moseley said, “It’s an amazing
feeling to win in front of a home crowd. The crowds have been wicked and
I’m delighted I’ve proved I still have what it takes.

“I had a fairly slow start to the season and Rachel really set the bar,
but I just kept imagining how it would feel to win and used it as my
incentive to get me through. It’s been a real boost for my confidence.”

Commenting on her silver victory Sabrina Jonnier of France said, “I feel
good about coming in second place. I really scared myself at the start
as I went too fast. I tried to slow down but the conditions were really
dry.”

WOMENS DOWNHILL (DHI) Results:

1. MOSELEY Tracy (GBR) 5:20:87
2. JONNIER Sabrina (FRA) 5:25:01
3. ATHERTON Rachel (GBR) 5:26:76
4. SUEMASA Mio (JPN) 5:35:64
5. BUHL Melissa (USA) 5:45:19
6. GROS Celine (FRA) 5:45:57
7. NICOLE Myriam (FRA) 5:46:14
8. GRIFFITHS Fionn (GBR) 5:46:47
9. MOLCIK Anita (AUT) 5:49:05
10. PRUITT Kathleen (USA) 5:52:24

No comments: